[OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)

Subject: [OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:44:51 +0100
We have had extended linguistic and lexical discussions on this in the past
Fernando.  Rest assured that the true meaning is not clear to any group of
more than one of us (or if it is, then we have not all understood the term
consistently).  I do not know where to get "Rubbing Alcohol", it is not a
term used in British English.  It might be surgical spirit (which is such a
term).

I believe that Isopropyl Alcohol is suitable (and may even *be* Rubbing
Alcohol).  Reading from the label of the can I have before me, that is "an
internationally used electronic cleaning solvent which conforms to BS1595,
ASTM D770 and DIN 53245"  which (continuing) "forms an azeotrope with water,
which evaporates more quickly than water..."  So it looks like moisture
content might be significant.  Perhaps you can gind a local supply to one of
the quoted standards, and never mind the words.

If you want to re-read the discussion, try here
http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2003-06/msg00400.html

BUT DON'T USE ACETONE except to clean off nail polish.

(I mean, of course, that you might have used black nail polish to improve
the looks of leather, I didn't mean that you might have it on your nails!).

(But that doesn't mean that you should not have it on your nails, better
there than on any other part of your anatomy).

;-)

Piers