[OM] Re: about a lens

Subject: [OM] Re: about a lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:01:20 -0700
If you really want the best price, you have to shop around. I check B&H,
Adorama, Amazon, newegg.com, buy.com, etc. and look at price comparisons
on shopping.yahoo.com, cnet.com, bizrate.com to see who has popped up
since I last looked and has good buyer feedback and prices. If B&H is
only a few $ higher, I'll usually go with them anyway. I like to do my
part to keep a really full line, full service vendor going. I wish I
could afford to do that with the local camera stores, but the price
differences, including 8.25% tax are usually really big.

Sometimes, you can even deal on the phone. I couldn't get the buy.com
site to work properly when buying the 300D, so I called. On the phone,
the guy asked if I needed a CF card. I said I was getting it from B&H
because they were about $30 cheaper. He met their price on the spot.
Very quick shipping too.

Moose