[OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)

Subject: [OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)
From: Jaime Garmendia <jaimeg1953@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:25:03 -0400
Denatured alcohol is ethanol that has been made undrinkable by the addition
of some chemical - sometimes methanol, sometimes something else - just so
that people won't go to the pharmacy and buy cheap 100% pure ethanol for
drinking purposes, as the government does not want to lose the tax revenue.

Alcohol anhidro should be perfectly safe for the purpose.

At 09:35 PM 9/23/2004, Señor Gonzales wrote:
>So far so good, but I have trouble finding out what is meant by 'denatured
>alcohol'.
>Is it alcohol (ethanol) without any percentage of water? - This is known
>here by the name of 'alcohol anhidro' or absolute alcohol.

Jaime Garmendia
Seaford, DE
jaimeg1953@xxxxxxxxxxx
(302)628-3120