[OM] Re: Digital Dilemma

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Dilemma
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:03:03 -0400
Carlos said about Moose's test
 >>OK, so I did a test on the 300D with a 50/1.4
 >><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/300Dexp.jpg>.

My experience with the 300D and adapted lenses (no matter the mount)
matches Moose's tests: above 1-stop overexposure @ f/1.4, about
half-stop over @ f/2, correct exposure between f/2.8 and f/11, and
slight *under* exposure @ f/16 (I seldom stop down that much --
especially on the 300D)
Pehaps someone already commented on this and I missed it but I note that
the apertures where correct exposure is produced on the 300D is fairly
well correlated with Oly's recommended aperture range for the 50/1.4
when used on the E-1.

I've never seen any mention of why Olympus felt the aperture range of OM
lenses should be restricted on the E-1.  Perhaps Moose's and Carlos'
exposure tests on the 300D gives the answer.

Chuck Norcutt