[OM] Misty morning

Subject: [OM] Misty morning
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
Fall is in the air here in the great upside-down south.  The
days are getting shorter, the nights longer and a chill
permeates the mornings.

This morning I left for work early and stopped off at the nature
preserve.  I vowed to NOT use the digital camera at all and left
it firmly ensconsed in the jeep.  I carried an OM-2S, IS-3 and a
myriad of Zuikos.

I walked around a big pond and only went a few hundred meters.
Mist was rising off the water and the sun was just peeking over
the hills.  I shot picture after picture with the 100/2.8, 200/4
and 24/2.8.  All were on Ilford PanF+ B&W film.  Once in a while
I'd pop the IS-3 on the tripod to shoot some Velvia 100.

It was liberating.  I haven't shot film nearly enough this year
and the viewfinder images were healing to my mind.  It's
exciting to shoot pictures while visualizing the final prints.
I'm definitely going to have fun in the darkroom with several
shots.  One of which included geese cruising across the water.

It's been too long since I've done this.  I've got to remind
myself to take a few moments for "me".  Photography becomes
drudgery when you are only shooting for work or family.  For me,
art photography is like Prozac, only more fun.

AG

http://vote.yahoo.com