[OM] Re: ( OM ) Substitute for Zuiko 35/2

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Substitute for Zuiko 35/2
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:36:30 +0000
You can accomplish pretty much the same effect with the T10 by giving it a
finger or two on one side or t'other.  Still, since it's a ring flash and the
light source is so very close to the lens, it's not going to produce any sort
of dramatic shading or texture-enhancing cross lighting.  And no matter how
many fingers you use, it's no substitute for the T28 twin, which is both more
flexible for such purposes, and more powerful, although considerably more of a
PITA to use sometimes.

Still, the T-10 can be quite useful, and the cross polarizing filter, although
a major, four-stop light stealer, can produce some interesting, although
sometimes disconcertingly strange, results.

All in all, Brian qualifies for a definite Fang award.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --