[OM] Re: Perspective Control lens/ off to the US

Subject: [OM] Re: Perspective Control lens/ off to the US
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:49:21 -0700
Wayne Culberson wrote:

>Tomorrow I'm off to Maine, US, to Baxter Park, for 4 days. Hopefully the
>weather and the moose are cooperative, and the leaves are turned a bit more
>than they are here on the coast. They won't be at their peak here for
>another week I'd guess, but since Baxter Park is about 3 hours away, inland
>from the coast, and a bit higher elevation, I'm hoping they are ahead of us
>about that week.

The Maine foliage site shows low, 10-30%, color, but I think that's only
updated once a week. We are going North as the color goes South,
starting in Mass. on the 10th., up to Portland area the 12th. and Camden
about the 20th-26th. I figure we have to cross paths with the peak
somewhere along there. The question is for how long. Itinerary dictated
by factors other than foliage, including availability of free housing.
We do have a hole without fixed location in the middle, so we can go
foliage chasing then if need be.

> I'll be taking a couple OM's, some primes - 17, 28, 35, 50,
>90macro, 100, 135, and 200mm, some E100VS, some Fuji Superia, a 35RC or two,
>the C5050, tripod, and still debating about the Yash*ca 124G. It may sound
>like a bit much, but this is almost all a photography trip for me, something
>I very rarely do.

We have an important errand to do for 2-3 days, but the rest is pure
vacation for leaf peeping time, so I'm going to take too much camera
gear. I know 2 OM bodies and the 300D are going, but haven't decided the
rest of the kit yet. Certainly some WA for the OMs.

Have a great trip and give us a report.

Moose