[OM] Re: OM Metering

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Metering
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:26:32 +0100
That's the curtain design, not the meter weighting.
The horizontal component of the centre weighting comes from the curtain, the
vertical component from the design of the meter array, with an overlap of
the fields of view of the two SBCs, if I remember my Pangerl correctly -
don't have it to hand.
When the curtain changed, the meter array did not, leaving the metering as a
vertical line preferred.
Neither Mr Pangerl nor I make any comment about exactly how strong the
resulting centre weighting is, but that's how it was supposed to work.

Julian