[OM] Re: E-300 specs

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 specs
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:39:57 +0100
I can see what you mean about a little slack in the viewfinder for
slides but surely they could have upped the visible area to 97% on the
E-300 or somewhere around that? I've taken photos with both my OM-1n and
OM-10 and if you aren't really careful sometimes the 4% difference can
mean the difference between an object straying into the FOV or not,
hence making the difference between a good photo or a spoilt one!
Personally I just can understand why Olympus didn't lump for a bit more
FOV. Apart from that rant the E-300 seems very nice. It still hasn't
swayed me to the Dark Side though..... ;-)

All the best,
Gareth.

Moose wrote:
> Single digit OMs are 97%, double digit are 93%. Somewhere in the mid 90s
> is pretty typical of film SLRs. 100% would be bad for slides, as the
> mount always loses some of the frame.
>
> E-1 = 100%, 20D 95%, 1D Mk. II 100%, D70 95%, D2H 100%. 100% should be
> good for digital in theory, but in practice a little slack might be
> nice. Looks like Oly, C and N put a little margin for error in the low
> end bodies and none in the pro bodies.
>
> Moose
>
> Gareth.J.Martin wrote:
>

>>It certainly looks and interesting camera. One thing that bothers me was
>>this quote:
>>
>>"Subjects framed within the EVOLT optical viewfinder are 94% centered
>>for accurate composition."
>>
>>Is this trying to say that only 94% of the overall frame the lens is
>>capable of photgraphing is visible through the viewfinder?
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>Gareth.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke