[OM] Re: E-300 Travelcam

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 Travelcam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:26:18 -0700
Skip Williams wrote:

>Wow, I'm very surprised at the E300's small size.  That isn't apparant from
>the marketing pictures.

That's what I was trying to convey with the cubic volume figures I
posted. It looks like it may really be different in an important way.

Skip Williams wrote:

>On dpreview, I've heard $1k WITHOUT the lens, which could be a deal killer!
>It needs to be street-priced at $900-$1000 WITH a kit lens to take significant
>market share quickly.

Yup, 1 strike. Or was it a tip? The other under $1,000 kits are 6mp and
the new 20D is 8. Actual photographic meaning aside, mps still seem to
be a strong marketing force.

>I also saw a release date after January, which will also kill all the holiday
>sales.

Yup, strike 2.

I hope it's still 3 strikes before you are out. Here comes the next
pitch. And........... it's a noise ball! Will Oly be able to hit it?

Moose