[OM] Re: om3 (mechanical?) problems

Subject: [OM] Re: om3 (mechanical?) problems
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:48:35 -0400
This sounds like the greasy latch syndrome.   Such a condition allows the
wind mechanism to operate after the shutter was been wound, which allows the
gear train in the bottom to get out-of-sync.  Once jammed, service would be
required.  What makes it more annoying is that the assembly that needs the
thorough degreasing is RIVETED shut to simplify assembly at the factory.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,
Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,