[OM] Re: [photo] Honkers

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Honkers
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:05:27 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Moose. :)  The Eps*n purchase was one well spent, at least for
me.  I was on the fence as to what software to settle into, Vuesc*n or
Eps*n Scan, but at the moment, the Eps*n software wins out.  It
provides tools almost indentical to those in Photosh*p such as Levels
adjust, Curves, Color Balance and Densitometer.  I find I don't need
negative profiles as I set either my black and white points or gray
point in the Levels adjustment and get very close in color correction.
Much faster as well as waiting for all the buffering in Vuesc*n drove
me nuts.  In terms of which software provides the "better" scan, I'm
not sure I have the expertise or knowledge to comment at the moment.

Overall, I like the idea of shooting film and then converting to
digital.  I'll probably stick with film as long as it is available or
until I have one foot on a banana peel and one in the grave.  :) I'm
anxiously awaiting the time I can afford an Eps*n 2200 printer for that
would allow me to bypass the outside lab except for developing the
negatives and providing proofs. The downside is I'll probably want a
better scanner after getting the 2200. :)

Oh well, I guess I went on long enough.  Thanks to everyone who shared
comments on my work and were curious enough to look.

Richard

http://vote.yahoo.com