[OM] Re: Stacked TCs

Subject: [OM] Re: Stacked TCs
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:57:03 -0700
Thanks for the suggestion however a former list member compared the Tamron
2x against an Olympus 2x on the Tamron 400 f4. The Olympus had better detail
in the shadows and I believe better resolution. I need to do some careful
testing, but my quick impressions were that the 2x  with the Tamron was
noticeably "weak" compared to the 1.4x. I wouldn't hesitate to use the 1.4x.
I suspect enlarging an image taken with the 1.4x would probably be slightly
better than an image taken with the 2x.