[OM] Re: Stacked TCs

Subject: [OM] Re: Stacked TCs
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:40:02 +0000
I have the Zuiko 1.4X-A and 2X-A and Tamron 1.4X and 2X teleconverters.  I also
have, of course, since that's what we're talking about, the 300/2.8 Tamron --
the green one.  (Remember, green is gooder.)  I have tried all the different
TCs with this lens, although not under such circumstances as would pass muster
for more than a casual evaluation.  My conclusion is that the Zuiko TCs are
better, definitely the 1.4X-A.

As for the 2X TCs, they seem pretty close, but I prefer the 2X-A just based on
the fact that the Oly converters are more convenient to use than the Tamrons
because they fit between the camera and the lens, like a good TC should, and
not between the Adaptall mount and the lens.

Too fussy for me.  One too many connections to make in the field.  Two's more
than enough.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from