[OM] Re: step down rings & 40mm hoods and fish.

Subject: [OM] Re: step down rings & 40mm hoods and fish.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:50:03 +1000
There is something worth noting here, even though someone has finally
noticed that the hood is unlikely to occlude a half-size sensor (Tsk!)
is that the 40/2 rubber hood is also the correct hood for the 85/2 and
100/2.8! Consequently there may be some wriggle room here - at the very
least! (Strangely, the metal hood I have for the 85/2 mentions the 100
but not the 40 despite being a couple of mm shorter). Then of course
there's the dome with a hole for the Voigtlander 40/2...
Incidentally - anyone used an 8mm Zuiko on an E1 yet? Mine vignettes on
the Canon 10D of course (my old Sigma/Beroflex 12mm doesn't but it is a
poor performer) but I suspect it would make a very nice full frame
fisheye on the half size sensor.
AndrewF