[OM] Re: OM Metering

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Metering
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:53:12 -0200
on 1/10/2004 20:41, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I believe the curtain change was in 1978 and the OM-2n replaced the
> plain 2 in 79. Fernando wrote to Oly in 81. It is entirely possible that
> the document sent to Fernando referred to OM-2 vs. OM-2n, rather than
> early vs. late OM-2 or 2n vs. both versions of 2.

I always understood Oly answer as referring to early vs. late OM-2 or 2n,
because that was what my question was about.
I had been using my plain 2 and a couple of 2n by 1981 and thought I already
knew all about them. But then I found that old MPhotography with the
advertissment I mentioned before. I felt curious and surprised, so I wrote
to Oly America asking about that specific issue, with the advertissment
enclosed.
I have no doubts that late OM-2 and all 2n perform average OTF mtering.
Try shooting some sunsets :^)

Fernando.