[OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II

Subject: [OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:31:54 +1000
Interesting write-up Ken, thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm wondering if Perfecta will become available in Australia, if it does
I'll be keen to try it myself.  But I have the feeling it won't be seen
Down Under, our market probably won't be big to enough to warrant the
effort.  But as other paper manufacturer's fall by the wayside maybe this
situation will change.

Overall I find the shrinking B&W market very depressing.  Here I am getting
back into photography after a 10 year break and all my favourite products
no longer exist.  And my choice of alternatives seems to be shrinking as
well.  I'm not interested in digital, the magic for me is in creating B&W
prints in the darkroom, seeing a print emerge from my printer seems so
clinical and sterile in comparison.

Sigh...

Andrew McPhee