[OM] Re: Zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Zoom
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:13:58 +0100
Are you serious Gord?  There were very strongly held (and entirely opposite)
views expressed here last week re the Tamron SP 28-105, from which I
concluded that you need to specify the nature of what you are shooting
before you can choose what might be a very good lens for the purpose - or
might not.

Secondly, which 28-85 are you ruling out as "too expensive" - the Zuiko,
which is an *AF only* lens? Or do you mean the Zuiko 35-80?

Thirdly, you say you tried the 35-70, but are looking for a 28-85 or 28-100.
Clearly you are looking for something longer than 70, but does it also mean
you need something wider than 35?

Piers