[OM] Re: new OM2S locks up

Subject: [OM] Re: new OM2S locks up
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:09:06 +1000
I can back this up.  I've bought three camera's (OM-2, OM-4, Trip 35) via
eB*y.  The OM's were described as fully working but I found it not to be
the case, the sellers were either blatantly lying or just plain dumb.  The
Trip 35 was mis-described and in cruddy condition although working okay,
the seller was being less than honest in his assessment.  In all three
cases I threw their descriptions back at them and got full refunds, no
arguments at all.

On the other hand I've bought Zuikos via eB*y and have had nothing but good
experiences and bargains.  But of course there's much less to go wrong with
a lens than a camera body.

Andrew McPhee

PS. As I was typing this the postman delivered my latest eB*y camera
purchase. A Trip 35 for my 5yo son in as-described condition and it appears
to work fine. My faith has been partly restored!