[OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II

Subject: [OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
> But then I suppose our 'art' will be enhanced by that. It's a
> bit like how
> platinum prints are viewed right now. As a niche market that
> has a 'trendy'
> old-world aspect to it (and I'm not meaning to be derogatory
> in any way).

Provided that there remains a reasonable supply of materials,
real B&W photography should continue it's comeback as a "classic
artform".  For the first 100 years it was the new-tech art
wannabe, then color relegated it to being out-of-style, now with
Digital, it's being viewed in the same light as paintings and
sculptures.  It takes at least two technical generations to
render a technology into an artform.

For the past year, my investment in the darkroom has even
exceeded my investment in digital.  With the obscene costs of
digital cameras, this is saying something.  In fact, this
Saturday I'll be dropping another $100+ on non-consumables. An
investment that I know will depreciate to $0 the moment I get
it.

A darkroom is a black hole in which you poor tons of money.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail