[OM] Re: dallas again; equipment to lug around?

Subject: [OM] Re: dallas again; equipment to lug around?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:52:55 -0700
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:20:26 -0500, Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Siddiq-
> Unless you always use a tripod, you probably won't need one. There's not
> much indoors, besides tours of the DeGolyers' house. (And you won't have
> time to use a tripod on the tour) There are some ferns in a wooded area
> which might be shaded enough to made a tripod useful. The rest of the
> arboretum is mostly open with trees, shrubs, flowers, and a few views
> downhill to White Rock Lake.

If i wander around the arboretum by myself, would you figure at most of
the day can be spent there? I might skip the tripod, but then it really
isn't for sake of exposure, but rather composition, to get things level
and square. hm....

> Don't you mean Southfork Ranch? <http://www.southfork.com/>
> And do you mean The Plano Heritage Farmstead
> <http://www.heritagefarmstead.org/>,

Yes, those two, not sure if SR is open to public though, it seems more
like a conference center in the middle of a national park. HR, however,
might have some things to see (given i like old bucolic "stuff").

> Since you'll be in the area, there's always <http://www.mata.org/>, and
> <http://www.jfk.org/home.htm>.

MATA looks nice, JFK lower on the priority list, since I arrive saturday
noon and leave monday noon, leaving only sunday, really.

thanks.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai