[OM] Re: Bid names

Subject: [OM] Re: Bid names
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:41:07 +0100
If I sell something on the bay  I hope the price will the best available
conducted under fair conditions and I would be pissed if I thought I was
getting less because the potential bidders were colluding to stop the best
price being reached.

No one likes a bargain better than I do but I am prepared to pay what an
item is worth to me. I never bid until the end for two reasons. One, to
outbid anyone who is holding back and not committing whatever he/she deems a
fair price. Two, to deny myself time to up my own bid which I decided upon
when I was rational :-)

What happens with this list of bidders names when one of the names on the
list is also the seller? Do the other names seek to deny an OM list
subscriber the best price?

What's the next step? Bidding 'up' a members listing and if one of us
'accidentally' buys it just pay the listing fees again, relist it and repeat
the process until we catch someone who is not a list member?

I am a little uncomfortable with this whole thing. I don't want to come
across as some sort of saint because I most certainly am not and I have no
wish to offend anyone who doesn't feel the same way that I do. I do not see
myself as holding any moral high ground nor do I think any less of those
that will not agree with me.

It's just my 2 cents worth. Flame away :-)

--Graham