[OM] Re: Macro of Digi Zuikos?

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro of Digi Zuikos?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:12:52 -0700
The sad part is that Olympus doesn't prominently say its sensor size is 18mm
x 13.5mm so that the magnification factor can be converted into something.
You can go to dpreview and find hard info much quicker than on the Olympus
site. I guess marketing people feel that adjectives present a better picture
than numbers...
-jeff

1:4 -> (18 x 13.5) X 4 = 72mm x 54mm
13 -> (18 x 13.5) / .13 = 138mm x 104mm

Hopefully dividing the above by 1.4 would give the field size with the
teleconverter.
It also appears my eyeball judgement of the field size is pretty coarse ...
maybe manual focus in weak light isn't very effective with my eyes.