[OM] Re: Shift Lens on E1?/software alternatives

Subject: [OM] Re: Shift Lens on E1?/software alternatives
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:56:28 -0700
on 10/11/04 2:39 PM, Rob Harrison at robhar@xxxxxx wrote:

> On 10/11/04 1:54 PM, "iwert" <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It would become a very nice 48mm shift for flower photography :)
>
> Doh! I forgot about the conversion factor.
>
> Hmmm...don't suppose there will be an 18mm shift in the E1 lens
> line-up...:-(.
>

> How about this: Anyone had good results correcting perspective in software?
> This looks good: <http://www.andromeda.com/info/lensdoc/>
>
> Zuiko 24 shift = ~$1400
> Lens Doc = $99.
>
> Hmmmm.
>
> -Rob
> Seattle

I think you can fix the converging lines in Photoshop (I use PS Elements,
but I'm sure the big program has all the features of my lightweight version)
using the skew function. There might be a specific command to fix it, it
seems to be right up there with redeye as a 'beginner's emblem'.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...