[OM] Re: Tamron 28-105/2.8 opinions?

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 28-105/2.8 opinions?
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:20:31 -0400
Thanks for bringing this one up. I've seen a couple of the 35-105's in some
stock lists online at reasonable prices. 28 vs 35mm isn't a huge deal for
me, since my widest lens right now is 28mm anyway. I usually shoot
basketball with my zuiko 35/2 on one body and my 80-200/2.8 on another, so
lens size/weight doesn't bother me all that much. Sometimes I find a need a
focal length somewhere in the middle. Shuffling primes on the sidelines
isn't fun at all.

Didn't Tokina make a constant f2.8 zoom in this range? I seem to remember
seeing a couple on ebay long ago that went for ~$200... I think they were
the ATX models. Haven't seen one since. :(

-mike