[OM] fuji film dynamic range of velvia 100F vs Provia 100F

Subject: [OM] fuji film dynamic range of velvia 100F vs Provia 100F
From: James Michael King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:22:41 +0100 (BST)
I have spent the last few months playing around with the fuji slide film
range. specifically I bought a colour calabration it8 target and took
photos of the card in 1/3 of a stop intervals from 4/3rd under exposed to
4/3rds over exposed. I am still looking at the results but one thing that
strikes me is that the range of greys I can get from velvia 100F is about
2/3rds of a stop less than that of provia. Has anyone else noticed this?
Also Provia 100F seems to be about 1/3 - 2/3rds of a stop less sensitive
than sensia 100 when in manual mode. Of course in auto the is little
difference. velvia 100F seems even less sensitive. But perhaps this is
because of lack of range.

Regards
James