[OM] Re: now increasing scanner range

Subject: [OM] Re: now increasing scanner range
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:25:41 -0700
The Min*lta scanners use a flourescent light. Letting the sensor have more
time to collect light would be the only way to increase the exposure. It
would seem that the intensity range of an LED would be more limited than
exposure time. Perhaps they can gain on signal to noise by varying the
brightness. I don't know what goes on inside the box though.
-jeff