[OM] Re: Foveon X3

Subject: [OM] Re: Foveon X3
From: "BILL CLARK" <BCLARK@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:23:20 -0400
Skip...you are right about the looks of S2/S3....not that cool.

But after using S2 for 2 yrs now I can honestly say there is nothing out there
that takes as pictures....superb noise control as well.

The extra LCD is great.....more info the better.

Funny though, when Itried out the E1 I thought its interface was
horrible....guess it is what you are used to.

>>> om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/13/04 01:15pm >>>

You've done more research than I have.  It's good to hear that the Kodak
cameras are moving out of the studio more.  Don't I remember hearing that you
still have to shoot RAW with them, as the JPG output isn't that great?  Or has
that changed with the latest models?

I also looked at the Fuji S2 last year, and even if it did produce great
results, I wasn't very impressed by the UI and the way that the whole camera
looked cobbled together with it's multiple LCD panels.  I'm very big into
investing in camera systems that are well thought out from a usability
standpoint, as long as they perform.  That was a big part of my investing in
the E-System. The S3's specs look very, very good....but it's still butt-ugly,
from my perspective.

Skip