[OM] Re: E-lemma

Subject: [OM] Re: E-lemma
From: iwert <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:10:47 +0200
>> I am sitting here with an E-lemma...
>>
>> Several E-1's being offered at 1500,-
>> Willing to try this out,
>>
>> This is a good price, but where are the lenses I am asking myself.
>>
>> I don't like zooms, there is only one interesting (read: affordeable)
>> prime
>> (50f2)...
>
> Be flexible. If you want a mature system both Canon and Nikon offer
> them. Or make do with an Olympus zoom and the 50/2 until more come out.
> Have fun. Play.

What I like about the Olympus is that is conceived from ground up, Canon and
Nikon offer a more ambigeous feeling there.

>> Ah, there is my trusty OM. Wide view and nice glass, great choice.
>
> Yeah....   And will your OM cease to be trusty, with a wide view and
> nice glass if you get an E-1?

What is your experience?

>> Why is it we are tempted by what we don't have?
>
> Curiosity. Creativity. A new take on things. Being alive.

Yes, I'ld really like to travel through space and discover new worlds
(honestly!).

> Wow. Small negatives. You can put a lot of high resolution images on a
> CDRom for less than a buck and more on a DVD. And even more cheaply on
> an external hard drive.

So true, but CD's have a lifetime of about 10 years, DVD's a bit more, and
hard drives are not to be trusted. I've learned this the hard way. Archiving
for our office. Luckily these are images. Try to read an old cad file from
1993... bad luck.
And Colour calibration, and, and,... Digital IS a lot more then the camera
alone. Luckily my instinct for colour output isn't that bad!

Thanks for your insight,

Iwert.