[OM] Re: OM3Ti on *bay

Subject: [OM] Re: OM3Ti on *bay
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:27:34 -0700
<< It is Gary Reese.  If you look at the "My Ebay" page, there's a link to "my
seminar" >>

Oops, I should have taken that link down in 2002.  I'm doing so right now.
Actually the seminar turned into two full blown courses: Photographing Our
Natural & Cultural Heritage I and II. I'm teaching the latter this semester -
on Sundays. Curiously, that's what the students wanted. It is only the second
college with a "conservation photography" course in the USA, to the best of my
knowledge. Besides San Jose State, anyone know of a course specializing in
teaching students to photograph natural and/or cultural heritage resources
which are in need of protection? Here is something that might be interesting
for you all: Bronica is my official sponsor on my II level course, but their
loaners are of equipment which officially goes out of production on Oct. 31.
Fujifilm was my summer sponsor, loaning us a GX-17 with two lenses. Ah, the
advantages of teaching college photography.

eBay reviewed my account and low and behold, my Powerseller status was tuned
off right in the middle of the auction. 73 of the 249 page views recorded have
turned into "watchers." Who knows what effect not having "PowerSeller" next to
my name will have on the final price? My guess is that if I hadn't told you all
that, you never would have noticed. So there, I'm possibly giving the OM List
an edge :-)  For those of you without enough money, there is always PayPal's
new 6 months, no interest financing program. :-(

It is no wonder that someone sees a lineage between a Gary Schloss and a Gary
Reese description. About six years ago we brainstormed our approaches to eBay
descriptions and pictures over a Las Vegas buffet or two. It was easy: just
list what NOT to do. brcamera (Bill Rogers Camera) has been another source of
goods with long return periods and guaranteed functionality. For years he made
sure what I sold on eBay was in perfectly working condition.

Gary Reese