[OM] Re: Trying the slide scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Trying the slide scanner
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:52:16 +0100
Excellent photo Foxy!  I assume that that looks like the Aurora
Borealis (so this would be the Aurora Australis?) and that it moves as
you watch.

A comment on your scan: you seem to have left some specks on the photo.
  Do you not use the ICE function at all?  I use a puffer to move dust
and set the clean function in Vuescan to Light.  But then I Clone (in
Photoshop) the spots out after I have done most of my Levels or Curves
adjustment and reduced to 8 bit (in the interests of speedier work).

Finally I reduce to web size and sharpen if it needs it.

Cheers

Chris
On 15 Oct 2004, at 10:42, Terry and Tracey wrote:

>    Well I'm back and going for the "slide a day" thing. Here's an
> aurora
> over Davis Station in Antarctica.
> www.foxcrofts.com got to photo album.
>
> Sorry to bug those not interested. But it is a new toy for me.
>
> Foxy

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

<|_:-)_|>