[OM] Re: Trying the slide scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Trying the slide scanner
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:06:10 +0100
Stunning Foxy!  Thanks for that.

Sorry, I had forgotten that you were scanning Kodachrome.  I can't use
the Minolta software very effectively and I resort to it only when
Vuescan throws a wobbly with a colour cast!  You will find Vuescan much
better with autofocus because you choose the focus point.

I have seen the Aurora Borealis and your description sounds apt!  I am
not a great one for spirits (although some of my students forced some
Sambuca, flaming but without coffee beans, down my throat on Thursday
evening) as beer or wine (or and wine ;-)) will do it fine for me.
However, my second viewing of the Borealis was while flying a Tornado
southwest of Goose Bay in Labrador at night at low-level.  I had the
terrain-following system engaged so I could gaze up at the green waving
"curtains" without endangering our lives.

Cheers

Chris

On 16 Oct 2004, at 8:44, Terry and Tracey wrote:

> Well, I've put a photo from the bushfires we had here in January 2003.
> There
> were some serious fires around town.
> http://www.foxcrofts.com/Photos/Photos.htm
>
> Thanks for your comments everyone.
>
> Chris, I haven't tried digital ICE. I predominately use Kodachrome, so
> I'm
etc...
<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker