[OM] OM4 currently on Aussie *bay - BEWARE

Subject: [OM] OM4 currently on Aussie *bay - BEWARE
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:51:48 +1000
Hi all,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3846926337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Just a word of warning about this OM-4 on the Australian ebay site.  This
is the one that I recently bought then returned for a refund because the
meter buttons worked intermittently, and the meter didn't work at all if
the film was wound on and shutter cocked.

The seller has relisted this and is not being totally honest, the
description is virtually unchanged since when I bought it - all functions
of the camera are NOT working (at least not as they should).

She mentions "troubles with a international buyer" - that was me, I wasn't
international and I returned it because it wasn't in the condition as
described.

Andrew McPhee

PS. After I got my refund I left her positive feedback considering the fact
that she'd refunded promptly and I simply thought that she'd not tested the
camera properly. But because she's now relisted it without mentioning it's
faults I wish I hadn't been so generous.