[OM] Re: moonlighting

Subject: [OM] Re: moonlighting
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:09:45 +0000
True.  And I'm feeling bad because of some of the ones I left out.  Chet Atkins
was the epitome of technical perfection.  Wes Montgomery defied the rules and
played outside the box.  Larry Carlton ain't bad.  George Van Eps was truly
special, if a bit strange.  Laurindo Almeida is still one of my favorites.  And
Les Paul was a true master.  Anybody remember Gabor Szabo?  Charlie Byrd?  Then
there's John Renbourn, Stefan Grossman, and, when it comes right down to it,
Dylan ain't bad, nor is Chris Smither or...anyway, there's more than a few
pretty fair pickers if you want to look for them.

Me?  I can't pick a note, but I'm a big fan of those who can.  In college, I
won a guitar one night in a poker game.  One of my fraternity brothers, who
could play, taught me the first couple of chords to "What'd I say," which I
played over and over until I was threatened with bodily harm.  Then I lost the
guitar in another poker game.  That was the end of my musical accomplishments.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --