[OM] Re: Zuiko 90/2.0 - sticky diaphragm

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 90/2.0 - sticky diaphragm
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:50:32 +0300 (EEST)

Thank you for welcoming! And thank you all for ideas on what could be wrong
with my beloved zuiko 90mm. Still I have to specify my problem (in favor of
getting even more precise suggestions):
The diaphgram acts exactly the same way no matter if the lens is mounted to a
body or not. In other words: if I hold the lens in my hand and look through it
and then press the stop-down button and then release it, the diaphgram stays
stopped down. Therefore I am quite sure that the problem is not with lens mount
etc. Does this give any further hint on what could cause the problem?

I bought the lens 1,5 years ago from Finland. (It is my precious...) The
problem was there already then, but here in Finland you really don't see zuiko
90mm's more than once in a lifetime, so I was forced to buy the lence no matter
what the condition was.

Taking photos is just normal with OM4Ti and OM10. When I fire the shutter the
diaphgram always opens again. But if I press the stop-down button (and the
aperture is set to 8-22) then the diaphgram sticks and stays stopped down.
Therefore I am not even sure whether I want to pay about 100 USD/euros for
repairing this because it is not really bothering me.

Olli

Footnote:
Are you in need of a free domain name? Please visit www.tk