[OM] New Web Site

Subject: [OM] New Web Site
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:27:09 -0500
After experimenting a couple weeks with the "Lycos UK" free hosting that
displays huge advert banner down the right side of the frame . . . seeking
an easier method for maintaining my web site . . . I went the route of
"paid" hosting including my own domain name:
http://www.johnlind.net/

My original "Tripod US" site (paid . . . more like bribery to Tripod to
omit the advert banner) will remain up for a while due to search
engines.  Took a while to set up the new one, but the new one allows easier
maintenance on my end . . . especially the galleries . . . which were
becoming a Royal PITA.  I'm gradually converting/transferring all the
Tripod-US site content over to it as time permits in the evenings.  The
current color scheme will likely change after I make some additional
conversions to another "skin" I found.

In other news . . . for those into photographing things skyward, the
evening of the 27th offers an excellent total lunar eclipse for primarily
North America.  Won't be another one as good (as close to center) for North
America until 2008.

-- John Lind