[OM] Re: moonlighting

Subject: [OM] Re: moonlighting
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:55:07 -0400
On 10/20/04 9:18 AM, "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, and I'm getting a little sorry this got started, 'cause I'm again
> feeling bad about leaving some really good ones out, like Stevie Ray.  And
> then other omissions include, but are not limited to, Kenny Burrell, Earl
> Klugh, Lee Ritenour, Michael Hedges, Leona Boyd, J.J. Cale, Mark Knopfler.
> And no list should ever leave out Jerry Garcia.  I regrest most of all
> forgetting him.  Some of my favorite Jerry picking is on those albums he made
> with David Grisman.  "Old and In the Way" is a good example.
>
> Walt, picking just a few from a long list

At the top of my list? Jimmy Bruno, Joe Pass, Tal Farlow, Barney Kessel. The
list goes on...

Check out:
http://www.jimmybruno.com/freestuff.htm

His mp3 of "Summertime" is pretty damn smooth. I will say, however, that it
was _much_ better live :)

I've got a live, lossless recording of David Grisman & Martin Taylor from
12/1999 that's pretty damn impressive too. Anyone with broadband that would
like a taste? Let me know off list.

-mike