[OM] Re: moonlighting

Subject: [OM] Re: moonlighting
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:48:41 +0100 (BST)
No offence at all taken by me from jmac's post - I recognised the scenario
completely!  After a viva, people in my department would typically give
the proudly bedoctored young astronomer about an hour or two's worth of
use of the title, and then get back to first name terms.  Outside in the
real world is where I like to use it, and it impresses my colleagues in my
new non-academic job :)

Thanks for the congrats, Jon - Tom Baker as The Doctor is definitely a
role model for me!

Roger Wesson, MSci, PhD, FRAS :)