[OM] Re: OM lens cases cracking and shedding leather

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens cases cracking and shedding leather
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:08:31 -0700
When I bought my first OM-1 around 1975, I got it with a 50mm f1.8 lens. The
lens definitely didn't come with a case but I think it was in a separate box
with styrofoam. I suspect almost no one bought a 50mm f1.8 other than when
they first bought the camera. Olympus also seemed to change to bags for
nearly all of their lenses at some point. Olympus probably figured it would
be on the camera unless you took another lens out of its case ..?..
-jeff