[OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander

Subject: [OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:08:36 -0300

> I've been down the Leica road and also recently had a new Voigtlander body
> or
> two. You'll enjoy using the Voigtlanders, body and lenses. I settled on
> keeping a Leica CL kit, which, to me, is the ultimate travel kit.
>
> George S.

I've not been down the Leica road, as I've never been able to afford to get
past the first toll booth. The Voightlanders are a bit more reasonably
priced, although that means they are never likely to become collectors
items. The one thing that doesn't seem right though for a rangefinder is not
having a shutter syncing at speeds past 1/125. And if the sound of them is
anything like my CosinaOM2000, you need a muffler in public. Other than
that, there is just something appealing to me about something that runs on
springs and cogs, rather than 0's & 1's.
Wayne