[OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)

Subject: [OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:39:00 -0700
> Wayne Culberson wrote:
>
>> How this one goes is important to the world. The greatest issue in the
>> choice of any leader is always character.

Gosh, silly me, I thought it was whether one agreed with a candidate's
positions on the issues.

But that's one of the main differences between Bush supporters and Kerry
supporters. Like Wayne and Simon, Bush supporters in the US believe in the
man despite overwhelming evidence that he¹s done a poor job as president,
and despite the fact that voting for him will not be in their own economic
interest. (Nor in their own national security interest, environmental
interest, education interest, health care interest, future-of-their-children
interest, etc.)

Very interesting study/poll was done on the differing perceptions of
realities of Bush and Kerry supporters that goes into this in depth. I¹d be
happy to forward it on to anyone who¹s interested. Contact me directly, off
list.

Cheers,
Rob