[OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)

Subject: [OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:28:44 +0100
Simon

Apart from the fact that I am 180 degrees out from you, the List is a
poor place to discuss politics.  We have been through it many times
before and it becomes too exciting, too quickly – the *wrong* sort of
exciting!

I strongly suggest that we all leave politics to the suitable fora.

Chris

On 26 Oct 2004, at 21:47, Simon Worby wrote:

> Wayne Culberson wrote:
>
>> <snip> The outcome of this election is likely to
>> be of far greater importance to me than the recent one in my own
>> country.
>
> Canada, I presume (from your e-mail address)?
>
>> How this one goes is important to the world. The greatest issue in the
>> choice of any leader is always character. Shouldn't make it too hard
>> for you
>> guys to decide. No human is perfect, and most leaders make mistakes,
>> but
>> some just lack all integrity whatsoever.
>
> Indeed.
>
> This is my own (an outsider's perspective) in case any Yank is
> interested.

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.