[OM] Adorama crazy...

Subject: [OM] Adorama crazy...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:08:40 -0400
Ali asked:
I ordered a lens from Adorama and it shipped today. However, they
shipped it 3-day select. I cant figure it out....why would they ship a
package 3-day select from NY, NY to Upstate NY?! Ground would have been
here in 1 day most likely.
Because of their contract with UPS which is their only shipper.  The
3-day rate is the cheapest of the three different sevice levels that are
offered.  Even if you lived down the street from them in Manhattan it
would still be sent by the 3-day rate if you placed a web order.

Chuck Norcutt