[OM] lens cleaning - sorry to bring this up again

Subject: [OM] lens cleaning - sorry to bring this up again
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:47:57 +0200
I searched the archives and found a discussion on this, but just want to
confirm my findings.

I recently bought a 90f2 on thingybay for a reasonable price not a fang
(hope thats the right word) any way the glass is good but I wanted to
clean the dust off. I have some offical olympus lens cleaning tissues
bought at a flea market but when I went to buy some kodak lens cleaning
fluid the shop assistant recommended that I didn't use it.

I understand about not overcleaning, once its clean a UV filter goes on
the front and its left alone but to get it clean I would think a liquid
of some sort would lubricate the tissue and therefore be less likely to
scratch.

I read the discussion in the archives that some use denatured alchohol
and some prefer acetone. my question is what is wrong with the lens
cleaner in the shop and should I avoid it like the plauge or was the
shop assistant wrong.

thanks IanW