[OM] OM 40/PC release problem

Subject: [OM] OM 40/PC release problem
From: Vera Grimm <Vera.Grimm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:30:36 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi everyone,

please excuse in advance any stupid or non adequate described question, I
am new to the field of do-it-yourself-camera-repairs :-)

I got a cheap OM 40, everything worked just fine until the mirror got
stuck. Fresh batteries solved the problem until the next one occured.
After spanning I could not release (fire)  any more. Nothing helped:
setting to B for resetting, changing batteries, rewinding the film.
Nothing did change the situation as of beeing spanned and not be able to fire.
Pushing the button does not trigger any reaction. The mirror is down and the
curtain
closed. Thinking it could be a mechanical problem
I started to disassemble the camera. Was not successfull, I
was lucky to reassemble it with only one srew left over - the problem
remained.
So I bought an ew OM PC (also cheap in ebay), excellent condition,
everything perfect, brilliant pictures until I bought a winder2 and
attachted it to the camera.
The winder had obviously a problem with the contacts, started to fire
sequences erratically with or without film. I turned the winder off
quickly, but now my new OM PC has the same problem as the old one
:-<<<<
Lever is spanend (hope these are the correct words), nothing happens when
pressing the relase button.

Can anyone help me ??? This drives me completely crazy !

Thank you in advance
Vera