[OM] Re: Lens repair in Switzerland?

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens repair in Switzerland?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:52:20 -0700
Thank you Duncan!!!

I sold an extra 55mm f1.2 to someone (who seems to be pretty nice) living in
Zurich. The lens arrived with a sluggish aperture. The lens had been
serviced before I got it. It had very little dust in it and the front
element retaining ring had a scratch. I'm now suspecting whoever serviced it
might have lubricated the linkage or something. The lens was working fine on
two different bodies before I put it up for sale. It's surprising that in
about a weeks time it started showing problems ... but maybe the warm
weather it was living in here in California masked the problem. Hopefully a
visit to Volketwil will have it working as good as new.

I guess I'll have to try refrigerating any lenses I sell.

Thank you for the quick answer. It could be the perfect solution.

-jeff