[OM] Re: Battery life (6 years)

Subject: [OM] Re: Battery life (6 years)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:41:07 -0700
on 10/27/04 5:26 AM, swisspace at swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> thought I would raise an om question rather than comment on the elections.
>
> The original batteries in my 3ti gave up this week (well the battery
> check was bleeping rather than continuous) I had the camera from new, it
> actually came direct from japan so the instruction book was fun to read.
> Anyway before I digress to far the original batteries were sony SR44
> after trawling the list for advice the best equivalent I could find
> locally were duracell 357's - I wonder if they will last as long.
>
> Is this a record ? - it says to me that maybe I should use my camera a
> lot more than I have been.
>

> IanW

That seems like a very long life for a set of batterys, but on the 3Ti the
only thing they are running is the meter and display, and as the last body
designed it probably (apparently) has a very efficient circuit... so yet
another reason why to want one. <g>

FWIW, I have had battery life of several years for the old mercury batterys
in several cameras where the battery ran only the meter -and- there was an
'off' switch on the meter circuit. Modern cameras, with beepers, shutter
magnets, 1500-zone color 3d matrix meters, and 5fps motors built in do not
have such long battery life...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...