[OM] Re: ( OM) Tokina 17mm SL F/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) Tokina 17mm SL F/3.5
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:52:19 +1000

On 28/10/2004, at 10:41 PM, Richard Lovison wrote:

>>> hell, if he can't afford that one...the 18mm averages 2.5
>>> times that! andrewf
>>
>> Just have to know where to find them cheap !
> Wayne,
>
> LOL, and where might that be???  Anywhere on this planet? :)

Wayne's referring to an incident where he spotted a kit for $US500ish
with one in it. He bought the kit and and handed it on to me at cost! I
then sold all the other components, body and 4 lenses, for about that
and ended up with an 18mm and 200/4 for essentially - nothing! (apart
from a little sales graft).
I have close relatives who aren't that good to me!
AndrewF
(Kinda puts a dent in your curmudgeonness tho')