[OM] Re: T45 -- my solution

Subject: [OM] Re: T45 -- my solution
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:17:54 -0700
on 10/28/04 8:18 AM, Ing. Radovan Faltus at faltusr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have made an adaper keeping 4 C Ni-Mh batteries to
> put inside of T45 handle a few weeks ago.
> It's removable and lockable inside like the brick, 4 batteries
> I can taken out and charged in a standard charger.
>
> I've used five 5-Amps Schottky diodes to divide current
> to 5 inputs like it is done in the "brick" with five separate clusters.
>
> I couldn't get a scheme of T45 that's why i used the schottkys,
> maybe parallel connetion of those 5 inputs would work, at least
> losses would be minimal, but it's not safe to do this with no knowledge
> of internal connection.
>
> Quite a lot of work..one long Saturday with all the adjustments,
> but what wouldn't zuikoholic do for its Olympus.
>
> Ragards, Radek

Radek, I believe the circuit diagram for the T45 battery pack is posted
somewhere... maybe on the Olympus Hardware page? Try a Google search and
check that page. IIRC, the separate circuits are tapped sequentially to
shorten the recycle time... while my battery pack holds a charge for only a
relatively few flashes (~50 was when I stopped) it recycled very fast from
any 'auto' or TTL setting, and only took about 10 seconds from a full dump
flash each time. But the flash tube started to get hot, so I quit.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...