[OM] Re: The ultimate OT post that will pi## almost everyone off.

Subject: [OM] Re: The ultimate OT post that will pi## almost everyone off.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:33:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/29/04 1:57:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Not entirely clear if you understood Bill was proposing that everyone paid
> comparable percentage of their income

That is not at all what I was proposing.  I do feel that everyone should pay
something (many don't today) and that a graduated tax is probably what is
fairer, however 50% of the population paying less than 5% of the income tax
load
is not fair, just as the top 10% paying nearly 70% of all income tax collected
is not fair.  So, I'd add some tax on the lower end and decrease the rate at
the upper end.

I would not have responded to this had what I said not be misrepresented.

Olympus content: I'm still having an absolute blast with my e-1.  Have
probably captured 160 images in the last two days while walking through the
patio,
look at the moon, waiting for a meeting . . .

Bill Barber